Monday, March 1, 2010

Mechanics Suck! Except for...

 

This last week Marleah and I were put through the ringer with her car. We needed new brakes, but everywhere we took it, they said we needed different things. I was pissed! Some mechanics said we needed $700 worth of work, some said just brake pads, but they wanted to charge us $400. 

I hate mechanics. It's the same crap everytime. 

So, we decided to buy our own parts and hire someone that her Dad knew. While shopping at an Auto Parts store near our house, we were talking to one of the guys that worked there. He mentioned that he was a mobile mechanic and I asked him more about it. He said that he only works at the store part time and does this mobile mechanic thing the rest of the time. He then whipped out his appointment book and showed us how booked he was. And man, his entire book was friggin full. I thought, either this guy took a long time to fill in an entire book of fake names and numbers, or this guy is really really good. Turns out to be the latter. 

I am very pleased to announce that we have a mechanic that i will go to for the rest of my/his life.

He even bought the parts we needed, brought them with him and we paid for them and his time all at once. 

He came to our house. Worked on the car there. He showed us what he did. He made some recommendations of things we should look into in the next few months and gave us a receipt. He charged us $100 plus the $70 in parts. Done and done. Can you believe that? Compare that to the last time you took your car to Jiffy lube! 

I love honest people willing to do an honest job for honest pay. He was probably Republican. ;) 

Give him a call and tell him Chad sent you. He probably won't have any idea who you're talking about, but I've always wanted to say that.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha at the "Tell him Chad sent you" part. :D I too love honest people. It just makes life so much easier for everyone. Yay for finding a good honest mechanic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that is SO nice! I HATE dealing with mechanics! I always feel like I'm getting screwed with. I swear. That is awesome to find someone. I can't believe he would come to your house and do it all for only $100 plus parts, that's awesome. If I'm ever stranded in Vegas (hopefully not!), I will give him a call;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. In Vegas even??? ;) I'll be bringing my cars down there when I need to get them fixed I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. I had a guy like that I used to use in Provo. Frank's Lakeside Service. He was really honest and a couple of times just talked to me over the phone and told me how to fix the problem myself. He even did an easy fix (easy for him) free of charge once because he didn't need any parts and it only took him 20 minutes.

    What ended up being wrong with her brakes?

    ReplyDelete