Thursday, March 25, 2010

Teachers


I love twitter. I follow about 15 people that regularly tweet links to cool stories and what not. Its a really simple way for me to stay up to date with the things I care about. But every once in awhile, they'll tweet normal stuff about their lives. Recently one of the guys that I follow tweeted this:

Great kindergarten e-mail: "Please remember to send your child to school tomorrow with a stuffed animal for a class project on measuring."

Marleah and I don't have kids yet, but when we do, I hope they have teachers that email us parents. I think it would be such a cool thing to get daily emails from my kids' teachers. Imagine how cool it would be if everyday they sent something like:

"Ask your child about the game we played with fish today. Everyone loved it!"

I think these quick emails would increase parent participation by a hundred percent. I think it would create more communication between parent and child, as well as create more interest from the parents in what they are learning at school.

I may be wrong, but I think it's a small thing that could create a huge change. That's Change I would believe in!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree. That's pretty sweet. I'll be sure to tell my 3 elementary ed. roommates to do e-mails like that. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chad, stop being realistic about change. It needs to be HUGE! Haha. Just kidding. Yeah, if parents would take a little more responsibility for teaching their kids instead of relying 100% on teachers, things would definitely change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea Ramos! Maybe you should talk to the CC school district and share. This could justify all the kids having cell phones in class too :)

    ReplyDelete