Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This Week's Best... Part 2

As promised in last week's post I'm making this a weekly tradition. I actually enjoy recounting my favorite things of the week cause it reminds me just how cool of a world we actually live in.


La Familia

My sweet sister Bri had her birthday today. The big 21! I made her a little video, you can see how adorable she is HERE.






Ben's birthday was also today, but he's got a wife and a ton of friends that threw him a birthday party, so he didn't need a fancy video from me!



Cody and Natasha had their baby this week. Mother and Baby are doing awesome, but it was a close call! Let's just say that 24 Hour Fitness almost had their first in-gym birth. They haven't picked a name yet but I'm hoping for Chad Nelson Hailstone.



Jesse continued his assault on world domination by landing 3 more schools this week. He's now signed up over 1600 students to start selling his book. There's nothing like having kids do the dirty work for you! (As if he hasn't been busting his butt for the last year on this project!)


 

ONLINE

First off, my Mother-in-Law sent me this hilarious video. So True!

 

BY FAR, the coolest thing I use every single day is an application called 1Password. It not only lets me save all my passwords in one convenient (and safe) place. But the best part about it is that it will automatically log you in to all of the sites you need logins for (which is basically everything these days!). For instance, if i want to check something on my bank account, with the click of one button, it will take me to my bank's website and then type in my username and password automatically. It's freaking amazing! It also allows me to store credit card info so that if I'm buying something online, all i have to do is click a button and it will automatically enter in my name, credit card number and expiration date. It really saves me so much time during the week. I can't imagine living without it now. I believe 1Password is just for Mac users, but I hear LastPass is an excellent solution for PC's.

 

This week I read this very disturbing blog on Cool Tools. It's generally one of my favorite blogs to follow. But does this creep anyone else out?



I read a lot of articles and things online, but I don't always have the time to read it right then. There's a new add-on for Firefox that I just started using and I love it! It lets me quickly and easily save entire web pages to read later. And the coolest thing about it is you can save them to read on or offline... on your computer AND on your iPhone. In fact, since it's a browser, you can save an article while you're at work, and read it at home (or anywhere else).



So, like I said last week, Marleah and I canceled our cable. And, as I suspected, we haven't missed it at all! One of the things we did was get a simple subscription to Netflix. The coolest thing about Netflix is that you can instantly stream movies to your laptop and watch them immediately. This week I watched an awesome little indie movie called Henry Poole is Here. It's got a great message and was pretty darn funny. I highly recommend it.


Simple Pleasures

Last, but not least, is my guilty pleasure of the week... Socks. This week, I went and bought two bags of brand new, fresh, yummy, perfectly white No-Show socks. It's seriously the best $20 I'll spend all year. I just love the feeling of brand new socks on my hainously large feet. They're wonderful. And they are one of the biggest reasons why God didn't send me down here during the time of the pioneers.

5 comments:

  1. First, I am just skimming through to take a quick brake at work and I thought your last picture was a picture of a feminine product. So that made me read the above description. haha Anyway, I'll read the rest lata! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting for Jesse! I am so happy things are going well with that. Your guilty pleasure of socks is funny because if you ever wondered where every pair of "fresh, yummy" socks that you bought while living at highland park went, Ryan inherited them. Seriously, he has 5,000 pairs of socks and I bet he bought 5 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you two. chad you are so up on the new everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by "inhereted" she means I cleaned up like 100 pairs of dirty socks out of Highland Park's garage...not to mention like 200 pairs of random dirty garments or all sizes haaa. Took like four hours to do the "white" laundry that weekend. Speaking of... what does Snoop Dogg use to clean his whites?!? Anyway, we got lots of paint rags now. Come by and reclaim them, although these are scratchy socks, the antithesis of happy feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, that guy was hilarious!! And I totally heard about Natasha from your mom!! That's SO crazy!! haha But it's good to know that all is well. I'll have to remember that movie for a Saturday in Rexburg. Love you two! :D

    ReplyDelete