Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This Week in El Mundo de Ramos

La Familia

First off, I HAVE to start out with the most disgusting thing any family member has ever forwarded to me. And, not surprisingly ;), it was from my cousin Kjersten. If you guys haven't already seen the "Back Cyst" video clip going around (and you are a complete masochist) than go ahead and view it HERE. But I must warn you, IT'S FREAKING GROSS!

 
Ok, now onto a much happier and MUCH less disturbing bit of news. My cousin Brock has finally started to do the funnest aspect of his job. Since he started his new business last year, he told me about all the cool things he wanted to do for cars. This week he started making custom sidesteps for trucks. The picture I have doesn't have any of the custom designs, but those pics are coming. So, congrats buddy!  

Labor Day weekend held for Marleah and I, the most delectable treat one can imagine. Hiking. 6 miles. Uphill. Both Ways. Ok, so not both ways, but you get the idea. Marleah's family is, what's the word?... fit. They do things like ride bikes to work (in Khakis) and hike uphill for FUN! Now, before you think Marleah and I are complete pansies for not enjoying the outdoor version of the stairstepper, you have to understand that some people just aren't uphill hiking people. I'm not talking about nice strolls in the mountains or scenic walks in the hills. I'm talking about out of breath, legs burning, wish there were such things as jet packs, hiking. Her grandpa is the perfect example of this. He's in his 80's and still runs marathons. AND SMOKES! And, what did he wear on this "Strenuous" hike (labeled by Mount Charleston as such)... Jeans! Oh, I have a long way to go to keep up with this family!



College Football 

WOW! Did you guys see that Oregon football player LOSE HIS MIND? Apparently getting his butt handed to him on the Boise field wasn't enough for him. He had to go end his college career by punching out one of the Boise players (who probably deserved it). If you didn't see it,  HERE you go.  

And how bout them Cougs? My sister (who goes to Oklahoma and isn't LDS) was at the game in Dallas and after BYU scored the last touchdown texted this to me: "It's Not Fair. You guys have God on your side" . ha ha.  Turns out my buddy Jeff went to the game too.

 
 
This Week's Read

I stumbled across the COOLEST book ever on the Constitution. It's called The United States Constitution: A Graphic Adaptation.   It's actually a comic book... sort of. It explains not only the history, but also the content (including all the amendments). Anyways, I read it in a few hours and I can officially say that I know more about the Constitution now than I've ever known before. I got it at Barnes and Noble for like $13. Highly Recommend it! 

Online
Here's the funniest thing I saw all week, A japanese puppy trying to roll over.
Here's the coolest App I found all week, A human powered photograph identifier.  
Here's the most clever thing I came across this week, an ad campaign by Grasshopper.
And to finish off this week's post,  here's a tweet from Zappos.com's CEO: 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely watched the cyst video and kinda puked in my mouth but kinda liked watching it. Gross stuff interests me...Also, yes, Marleah's family is very fit and no one could ever keep up with Carrie. She is a machine! Haha. Good luck keeping up with the Wilson's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chad... The BYU football game was pretty amazing! It's good to run into you on here... I'll check back often. -Zach

    ReplyDelete